I probably should have recorded the presentation, as the video would be way more compelling than just posting the link: http://prezi.com/xpzj3ca1vayl/behat-bdd/
However, here it is, and feel free to use for your own purposes!
- This presentation is about Behat and BDD Testing!
- Read the comic to break the ice. Ha ha ha! Explain that the crux of the message is that very easily, people can be on very different pages, and a strategy for getting everyone on the same page is BDD.
- Read the quote in an energetic way and talk about how cool Dan North is.
- Explain BDD is just a subset of Test… Driven… Development…
- Show how in the whole sphere of TDD there are Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and Functional (BDD) Tests. Hammer home the point that this is not a replacement for anything, but another tool to improve the agile process…
- …But how does it work!!!!?
- Give an overview of the Gherkin language and how "given," "when," and "then" can be used to describe the business requirement.
- Explain the example of the feature file; isn't it cool how plain the language can be?
- But how does that work? ZoooOOOoooOOOm.
- Go into the nitty gritty of the context files, explaining how developers and QA folks work hand in hand, in a magical collaboration, that yields continuously tested working software.
- Drive that point home with this stew pot metaphor, mentioning that it also requires PHP 5.3.
- How is it being used now? If it is somewhere on your project, give a demo.
- Q&A time.